Senior Ruminant Account Manager
- Posted: 1 week ago
- Location: South East
- Type: Permanent
Job DescriptionSUMMARY OF POSITION:
• To be responsible for the sales and market development of the ruminant portfolio within territory.
• Working with veterinary practices and agricultural trade businesses to increase market share and stimulate market growth for the ruminant portfolio.
• Developing business within specified accounts, including designated Key Accounts
• To achieve agreed regional sales targets, within budget and in accordance with the overall business unit strategy.
• Covers from Kent, down along the south coast to just shy of Exeter and up to Basingstoke.
Drives sales & relationships with customer accounts and positions company Health as a strategic partner
Identifies and develops opportunities within accounts, supporting company business objectives
Generates and fosters partnerships with prioritized customers. Ensures quality service and customer satisfaction
Prepares, leads and monitors comprehensive account plans, sales budgets and their execution.
Involved in driving long-term success by maximizing new business opportunities while maintaining existing customers
Develops a business plan for larger accounts and reports against it as required. Independently, achieves the goals established for the territory including sales, market share, customer coverage, and territory management
Possesses good knowledge and complies with applicable professional, regulatory and industry standards
• Experience of selling ruminant products is essential
• Experience of selling to vets is essential. Trade is desirable.
• Strategic business planning and management
• In-depth knowledge of the relevant market; its dynamics, customers and direction
• Ability to use sales techniques especially Key Account Management and Consultative Selling
• Wide-ranging and sound communication skills for report writing, summarising, negotiation and presenting
• Significant commercial experience in a veterinary pharmaceutical company
• Sound interpersonal skills for dealing with a wide range of people (primarily vets, trade customers and farmers) in a variety of situations
• Passion and persistence
In return, you will be rewarded with a generous salary and benefits package and get the chance to develop your career with one of the most highly regarded companies in the industry.